My chosen genre


My chosen genre
As you can see from the screenshots provided I have created a poll on a social media site called Instagram to find out some research about what music genres people mostly listen to and prefer. I used Instagram as this is what most people tend to use and I could reach out to most people this way to find out what genre of music they prefer. Also people from the ages 14-25 use social media and these are the people that I want to target for my music video. I put both of my favourite genres that I am most likely going to chose for my final project, these genres were Hip Hop and Pop. From the evidence seen you can easily see that Pop was the highest voted genre with 19 votes, therefore meaning most people like to listen to Pop music than Hip Hop, Hip Hop received the lowest amount of votes with 10 votes. I am pleased with the results I received as my favourite genre is Pop meaning I get to enjoy the song of the music video I am going to be producing as well as pleasing the target audience.
My chosen genre is Pop, this is because I mostly listen to this genre. This is the most popular genre as it has a wider target audience therefore meaning that my music video will have more people to target and more potential viewers.Pop is very popular due to the help of social media, this increases the target audience, viewers and people who like this genre. The reason i have chosen Pop is because Pop can be a fun video with lots of different editing and filming skills and some Pop music videos can have a true story behind it. This is what I want to base my video on. I want to have a music video that impacts peoples feelings towards something positively.

The reason I have chose to not make a music video for the genre Hip Hop is because these music videos are mainly based on money , some use of drugs and crime, this is a negative influence that the music video will b having on potential viewers. Some viewers may be young influencing them to do these bad actions and I do not want to have this impact on younger ages.


Comments

  1. This is a nice and detailed analysis of why you have chosen music genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking time to look at my blog post and thank you for the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts