My Montage

Analysis
My task was to create a montage that has a pop song in the background as I am focusing on the genre pop for my final music video.
I decided to focus on nature as I found this was the best link to my chosen song Paradise by Coldplay. I included a variety of camera angles such as close up shot, pan shots and tracking shots. I decided to use more than one camera angles because I wanted to show my skills and that I am capable of using a range of angles making my video better. The shots I took fit very well with my music choice as the music wasn't fast and my shots moved at a similar speed making the music fir in the background well.
The shots were taken in a few different locations to include a lot more than just the same things as I shot mostly nature, I didn't want to just film trees and the sky to I incorporated people within my montage and I also got close ups of plants to show something different. I did not edit the lighting effects or the colours of each shot as I found that they were already good without them. One effect I did use was slow motion of one of the shots of the trains as this part of the music was slow so I slowed down the movement of the train to make more of an effect. I then added in another video of the train but in its normal speed when the music sped up. I did not use any different transitions whilst editing my video as I felt that it looked better when it just  moved to the next shot filmed.
Unfortunately the quality of my video isn't to the standard I hoped as when I was filming all the videos were very clear at a high standard but once I put them in to a video the quality of the shots dropped making my video not look as good as expected. Another mistake I made was I filmed one of my shots portrait meaning it was the other way around compared to my other shots. I tried using my editing software called Imovie to turn it around but it did not work.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kallum, i could add a few other more complicated shots to show my filming skills.

      Delete
  2. You used a wide variety of filming techniques in order to draw the viewers attention. The most eye-catching shot was the train clip where you used slow motion very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for viewing my blog post and thank you for the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts