Location report

Local Park- I will be using this area to film shots of the two younger characters playing with each other, they could be playing on a set of swings or the slide or kicking a football around. This helps show the connection between the two characters which is the main aim of the music video. I want to show how close their bond was when they were young and as they get older they grow apart. This area is very suitable as it is somewhere where young children would be making it suit my story line. it is also a safer area for the two younger characters that will be playing the children in my music video as a park is made to be a safe area for people to bring younger ages. As well as safety it will also be easier to film the two children as they wont be trying to act making it seem more natural giving a better video. i will be filming these shots in the day time to make this more realistic as this is when you tend to see younger ages playing in the park rather at later hours. An example of the kind of camera angles I will be using are close up shots of the characters to show their expressions on their face, in this particular time they will be happy. I may include a scene at night where one of the characters is by themselves at the park and I will do this at later hours to create a darker colour making the mood dull to present the characters feelings, to help present the feelings of the character i will use a close up shot to show their expression,

School- I will be filming some shots in a school as this will show the two characters growing up as they will be in a secondary school in these shots. these shots will show them walking past each other and not acknowledging each other which again shows them growing apart. I also want to include shots of them both with different friendship groups suggesting that they have both met new people which has caused them to move on from each other. This is suitable to my music video as this area shows their daily life giving the audience a real idea of how they are losing each other. This will also be filmed in the day time as this is when school is open and when students attend school, this helps make it as realistic as I can. i will include some shots from behind the characters of the walking past each other and i may include some over the shoulder shots.

House (Bedroom/play room)- I will be filming more shots of the younger characters around each others houses playing with each other, they might be playing some board games or dressing up in fancy dress costumes. As well as when they are younger I am going to film the two characters in separate houses without each others company with the characters looking sad to show that they miss each others company. one of the shots I will be shooting in the house is the female older character writing one of the songs lyrics on a piece of paper with her crying, these lyrics are 'Give me love'. This is an other very suitable location to film some of my shots for the music video as it again shows how close they were as children that they were always together and it also shows their daily life without each other when they aren't in each others company. This can be done anytime of the day, therefore I may include some shots from at night and some from in the day so it shows how much time they spent together as children and how much less they see each other the older they get. I again will use a variety of shots to present my story line as best as I can. 

potential locations that can not be used for filming due to safety reasons are party locations, i wanted to include this scene as it shows the life of a teenager growing up and this way i can present the characters feelings very well. This can not be done for safety reasons and for the way i present my music video as party scenes tend to include the influence of drug and alcohol use which i do not want to influence in my music video. this could also put my actors in risk and danger of being influenced in to these things.
Another example of a place where i can no longer film is a swimming pool as it may be seen as inappropriate as they will be wearing bikinis, if this was included in my music video it may receive some complaints. This also links to filming at a beach a they again will be in their swimwear which isn't appropriate. As well as this the beach is also far meaning there will be travel costs.
Another potential location was going to be based in London which again results in travel costs and it would also be very time consuming.

Comments

Popular Posts