Mise-en-scene consideration


I have created a mood board to show my mise-en-scene consideration, this includes props, lighting, costumes, emotions and location.
As you can see in the mood board I have included pictures of a park, school and bedroom as these are the three main locations where I will be filming my music video. I have chosen to use these images of the atmosphere as this is what the audience of my music video should expect to see. I have included two separate images of the park, in the dark and in the daylight, because as the characters get older they feel more upset and down because they have lost each others love and friendship, therefore by filming a scene in a dark empty park it creates a lonely feeling which is the aim of the music video closer to end as they begin to grow apart. On the other hand the other image is a very bright image with the children playing in the park, this creates a happier atmosphere and represents that the characters are happy and have a great friendship. the two other locations of filming are the school that the two characters attend, this is to show how they begin to grow up and how they get new friends and move apart from each other unintentionally. The final location I have included within my mood board is a bedroom, this can be both of the characters bedrooms as I will add shots of them alone in their bedrooms missing each other and flicking through a  memory book or looking at old Polaroid pictures of old memories they had with each other.
The lighting changes throughout the music video, I have included a image of a sunny day with a lot of lighting this will be at the middle of the music video as this is when the characters are looking through old happy memories therefore brighter lighting will help create this mood. As we move further into the music video the lighting gets darker, my example is the image of a cloudy dark sky with not much lighting, this creates a dull mood which helps puts across the feelings and emotions of the characters towards the end of the music video and they miss each other.
I have also included props that I will be using in my music video and what the audience to expect to see, I will using hanging Polaroid pictures on the piece of string or a memory book which all have pictures of memories from when the two characters were younger with each other and how they grew up together. I have chosen to use these images as this how I would want them to look in my music video, this makes it seem more realistic as this is what teenagers tend to make themselves.
As well as this I have also added images of emotions of  how I want the characters emotions to look on their face. for example the image at the bottom middle, of the guy looking down at a necklace, shows the sadness on the guys face, this represents that he has been affected from loosing someone from a breakup and this is what I am trying to create. this is also shown on the image above in black and white, it suggests that the characters are missing each others company and they are upset because they have grown apart and lost each other.

Comments

Popular Posts