Contingency plan


A contingency plan is a plan made for what will happen if there is bad weather where you are filming, if the actors in the video are sick on the day of filming, if anyone is late to the filming set times, traffic causing lateness and if there is any equipment that we don't have or is damaged meaning we lack the equipment needed to film. This is why the contingency plan is made to ensure if any of these problems occurred there would be options and ways to overcome the problem to prevent disruption to filming. This makes the process of filming less stressful and smoother as if a problem did occur it may have already been considered and a back up idea to overcome the situation should have also been considered. it is best to consider and think of as many possible problems to occur when filming as when filming the producer, director and actors will be prepared and will know what they need to do overcome the situation. if not many problems and considered before filming a particular problem that hasn't necessarily been thought about may occur causing the people included in the filing process not know what to do, this can be very time consuming and waste a lot of filming time and go over the deadline of the filming dates and times.

1) Litter and sharp objects
Solution: If there is lots of litter and sharp objects in the area of filming I would not put my cast in danger or risk of being hurt by this therefore meaning I would have to move my location elsewhere that is similar to ensure that my cast is safe at times especially because two members of my cast our young meaning they will be running around and will be less aware of their surroundings. as well as this an adult can clean the area if it isn't badly affected and there is only a little bit of litter. If a member of cast was injured due to this there will always be a first aid on standby just in case anything was to happen.

2) Behaviour of dogs
Solution: I am going to be filming in fields and public parks meaning there most likely will be members of the public walking their dogs. This may interfere with the filming as well as distract the actors. Therefore if there are lots of dogs with their walkers interfering I will go to a park where dogs are not allowed to go in meaning there wont be any dogs to distract or scare the actors.

3) Behaviour of the actors
Solution: I will take the younger actors away from people that may distract them helping them focus on what they need to do, as well as the younger actors i will also make sure that I take the older actors away from classes going on in the school when filming school scenes as this may cause some distraction making the filming a longer process. Also the acting may not be at a good quality if the actors are distracted.

4) Weather 
Solution: The weather may change meaning we could expect any kind of weather which could affect the filming process, if it is raining it will cause damage to the camera equipment. If the weather is not good on the days of filming I will move to some sheltered areas to carry on with my filming but if the weather gets really bad that it could out people in danger then i will send the actors to safety and reschedule the dates of filming.

5) Crowded areas with lots of members of the public
Solution: This is quite similar to the behaviour of the actors and dogs in the process of filming as all these things including crowded areas with members of the public cause distraction to the actors and just filming in general. Also most of the areas I am filming in are all public areas meaning people may walk in the frame of the camera meaning I have to retake that shot, this may be very time consuming,

6)  Equipment breaking 
Solution: If any equipment breaks I can easily get it fixed by the technicians that work in my school, meaning I have easy access to professionals to fix any problems with the equipment that I may have. Also if I lack equipment the school has some filming equipment that I can use in case I'm not able to get my own equipment.

7) Tripping hazards from all the equipment 
Solution: I need to keep all wires tucked away and all equipment put back when finished with to help reduce the risk of trip hazards. If a member of cast tripped there will always be an adult to supervise and help the situation therefore making sure that the person is okay to continue filming.

8) Cast calling in sick 
Solution: If a member of the cast called in sick i have other people that auditioned to have a role in my music video meaning they may be able to come and fill the space of the person that will not be able to take part. Another option is to reschedule the time of their filming and film the scenes that they are not included in so that I still get some scenes filmed for my music video.

9) Traffic
Solution: Traffic may be a big problem meaning some cast members may be late to their filming set times, to overcome this the cast could leave earlier to make sure that they arrive on time or if they are stuck in traffic I can continue to film scenes where they are not needed so that I don't fall behind my time schedule.

Comments

Popular Posts